- Arrive 15 minutes
- You must attend for your visa application. You cannot send someone in your place.
- Only applicants, caregivers and those accompanying children under 18 years are permitted to enter the Visa Application Centre.
- Bring your appointment confirmation document, a filled out copy of your visa application, as well as a valid passport or travel document with at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides.
- Bring all supporting documentation (originals and copies)
- You can pay your fees once you get to the centre.
- At the centre, you will also need to submit your fingerprints if you are Schengen visa applicant. This is known as biometric information collection. A digital finger scanner collects images of all 10 fingers. The digital fingerprint scanner uses no inks, liquids or chemicals and will not mark your skin.
- Ensure your fingertips are free from any forms of decoration such as mehndi, cuts, abrasions or other markings as these may affect your ability to provide acceptable finger scans.
- If you are applying for a visa on behalf of a child under 12 years old, they must also attend at the centre, but don’t have to provide their fingerprint information.
- Children under 18 years old need to be accompanied by an adult and this cannot be a member of VFS Global staff.
- Without biometrics information, your visa application (Schengen visa applications) will not be processed.
What happens at the Visa and Legalization Application Centre
On the day of your application submission:
Without biometrics information, your visa application will not be processed.
- Your fingerprint scan will be captured.
- A digital fingerprint scanner will collect images of all 10 fingers, This is a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process.
- If you have temporary injuries on your fingers, you’re advised to wait until your injuries have healed.
- Ensure your fingertips are free from any forms of temporary body decoration like mehndi as it interferes with the working of the scanner.
- Applicants who are under 12 do not need to submit biometric data.
- Citizens who hold diplomatic passports and heads of state do not require a visa and will not need to submit biometric data.
Exemptions to Biometrics
- You are under 12 year of age.
- The collection of fingerprints is physically impossible for you. If you are unable to provide a fingerprint scan, you’ll have to provide a medical certificate to support their claim.
- You are Head of State and member of the national Governments (with your official delegations and spouses) and are travelling for official purposes.
In the interest of safety and security, we reserve the right to conduct random bag searches of applicants and visitors.
Our staff have the right to work without fear of abuse or intimidation. Threatening or abusive words or behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances.