Apply for a visa
Information about starting your application
Need more information?
Ready to apply?
Let us walk you through the process
Identify visa type
Choose the right visa for your trip
The first step is to determine which visa type you need and check whether you are eligible to apply for it.
You will also need to know the documents that you have to submit along with your visa application, how long the application might take and the fees you will have to pay.
Please refer to the Visa Pricing Estimator to provide an estimate for your visa.
Begin your application
Get started with your visa application
Once you are ready to apply, visit the Department of Home Affairs website to apply and pay for your visa online. You can click here to submit your visa application online. You can also download the visa application form, complete it, print the completed form, and bring it with you to the Visa Application Centre for submission.
You can also apply for an Australian visa by sending your paper visa applications via post to any of the VFS Global Australia Visa Application Centres in India except Delhi, Pune and Mumbai (South).
For more information about the visa application process call us on +91 22 67866006 from Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 16:00.
Please note that application forms of minors (less than 18 years of age) should be signed by their parents or legal guardian.
Where children under 18 years of age intend to travel to Australia, Form 1229 will need to be completed.
Book an appointment
Choose a Visa Application Centre and make an appointment
Upon booking the appointment, you will receive a confirmation and letter of appointment by email.
Please note: If, for any reason, you arrive at the Visa Application Centre without a booked appointment, you may be able to submit your visa application by paying as a walk-in applicant, subject to availability. Alternatively, you can click here to reschedule your appointment and return to the Visa Application Centre at the appointed time.
Carefully read through the below instructions before booking an appointment:
• Only applicants are allowed into the Visa Application Centre. The only exceptions are those accompanying children under 18 years-of-age or applicants who need special assistance for health reasons or disability.
• Only ONE appointment can be booked per visa application.
• The applicant’s name on the visa application should match with the one used when booking the appointment.
• If you are part of a family or group, each member of the family or group must make an individual appointment. For example, if you are a family of four with two adults and two children you must make four individual appointments.
• For large groups travelling together (group size - minimum of 15 applicants), please contact the Call Centre via phone on +91 22 67866006 to have the appointments booked together as per mutually agreed timings.
• Please bring your appointment letter with you to the Visa Application Centre to present to staff/security.
• Please make sure you arrive at the Visa Application Centre 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
• If you are late or miss your appointment, the system will not allow you to reschedule or cancel the appointment. You will need to book a new appointment and will not be able to book again for 24 hours.
• You can reschedule your appointment only for a future date. An appointment can only be rescheduled twice.
• For business incentive groups, please contact the Australian High Commission New Delhi.
Pay your fees
Find out the amount you need to pay
Carefully read through the instructions before making a payment.
When lodging a paper application, the visa application charge can be paid at the time of your appointment.
Visa application charge
You can pay the visa application charge by credit/debit card, cash or demand draft in favour of "Australian High Commission, New Delhi"
Pay in person at the Visa Application Centre. VFS Global accepts all Visa, MasterCard and Maestro cards.
If you send your application by post, you will need to pay the visa application charge by demand draft in favour of "Australian High Commission, New Delhi".
VFS Global service fee
You can pay the VFS Global service fee by credit/debit card, cash or demand draft in favour of "VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd.".
If you send your application by post, you will need to pay the service fee by demand draft in favour of "VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd.".
Visit a Visa Application Centre
Attend your scheduled appointment
You will need to submit your completed visa application form at the Visa Application Centre in person, unless you have opted to post the application to VFS Global or completed your visa application online directly through ImmiAccount.
You will receive an email update when your decision has been returned to the Visa Application Centre. If you cannot access email easily, or would like more detailed tracking information, you may also be able to get updates by SMS sent directly to your phone.
Check whether this service is available at the Visa Application Centre you are visiting.
You can also track your visa application status online. Use the reference number on the invoice/receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre along with your date of birth to access this service.
The tracking functionality will only work for 20 working days from the day your application is submitted. During peak times, application processing may exceed the standard processing time published by The Department of Home Affairs. Click here for more information on visa processing times.
If you have submitted your application online through ImmiAccount, click here to track your application.
Ready to apply?
Start your application
Start your visa process and then come back to VFS Global with your reference number to take advantage of the Premium Services on offer.
Already applied for a visa?
Here is what else you can do