- Aim to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You must attend the appointment for your visa application. If you have given biometrics in last 59 months, you can send your representative also for submission of your Schengen visa application.
- Disabled, elderly or child applicants can be assisted by one (1) friend or relative and interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired.
- Bring a printed copy of your visa application, as well as a valid passport or travel document with at least 2 blank pages.
- Bring all supporting documentation as per the checklist.
- Children under 18 years old need to be accompanied by an adult and this cannot be a member of VFS Global staff.
- It is mandatory for the applicants below the age of 18 years to provide birth certificate.
- If you miss your appointment on the scheduled day, you will need to book a new appointment after 24 hours from your original appointment date.
What happens at the Visa Application Centre
On the day of your appointment:
- Your fingerprint scan.
- If you have temporary injuries on your fingers, you’re advised to wait until your injuries have healed.
- Ensure your fingertips are free from any forms of temporary body decoration like mehndi as it interferes with the working of the scanner.
- If you have applied for a Schengen Visa in the last 59 months, its not mandatory to provide biometrics again.
- Applicants who are under 12 do not need to submit full biometric data.
- Citizens who hold diplomatic passports and heads of state do not require a visa and will not need to submit biometric data.
- For an applicant between the ages of 12 and 17, a parent or legal guardian will be asked to give consent and be present when fingerprints are collected.
Exemptions to Biometrics
You will be exempted from the obligation of biometric data (fingerprints) if:
- You are under 12 year of age.
- The collection of fingerprints is physically impossible for you. If you are unable to provide a fingerprint scan, you’ll have to provide a medical certificate to support their claim.
- You are Head of State and member of the national Governments (with your official delegations and spouses) and are travelling for official purposes.
In the interest of safety and security, we reserve the right to conduct random bag searches of applicants and visitors.
Large bags, big luggage or such are not allowed inside the Visa Application Centre. Only small document holders / bags and small handbags are allowed.
Our staff have the right to work without fear of abuse or intimidation. Threatening or abusive words or behavior towards our staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances.