Dear Applicants/ Representatives / Travel Agents,
With immediate effect from March 18th and throughout the next 30 days, entry in the Schengen area through its outer borders will not be allowed to nationals coming from third-countries, with the following exceptions:
- all EU citizens and citizens of the Schengen Associated States, and their family members;
- third-country nationals who are long-term residents under the Long-term Residence Directive and persons deriving their right to reside from
It should also not apply to other travelers with an essential function or need, including:
- Healthcare professionals, health researchers, and elderly care professionals;
- Frontier workers;
- Transport personnel engaged in haulage of goods and other transport staff to the extent necessary;
- Diplomats, staff of international organizations, military personnel and humanitarian aid workers in the exercise of their functions;
- Passengers in transit;
- Passengers travelling for imperative family reasons;
- Persons in need of international protection or for other humanitarian reasons.
In view of the these restrictions, for the next 30 days VFS shall accept ONLY the visa applications submitted by the above mentioned categories.
Please be informed that all the holders of a valid visa entering Italy from today onwards will be subjected to a 14-day period of self-quarantine from their date of arrival, with the exception of those in transit or staying in Italy due to proven working reason for a period of time up to 72 hours.
The Embassy strongly recommends the applicants holding a valid visa to postpone their trip by at least 30 days from now.
VFS must inform all perspective applicants and, above all, those already holding a valid visa through all possible means of communication, of the above mentioned information and restrictions.