Apply for a visa
Information about starting your application
Need more information?
Ready to apply?
Let us walk you through the process
Identify visa type
Choose the right visa for your trip
Before booking an appointment, you are kindly invited to:
Visit the official website FRANCE-VISAS.
First click on “1. Do you need a visa?” and, if you need it, get an indicative list of supporting documents and the amount of the visa fees to be paid. Additional information are available under the tabs “General information” (which includes “Guidelines”), “Coming to France for…”, “Your arrival in France”, “FAQ” (on top of the Home page), or using the quick links at the bottom of the Homepage.
Begin your application
Get started with your visa application
On the FRANCE-VISAS website, click on “2. Start your visa application”: create an account and answer the questions on-line (your visa application form will be automatically filled in and available for printing);
At the end of the visa application form filling process, a list of supporting documents and the amount of visa fees will be displayed;
Then you are invited to click on the France-Visas page to get the necessary information regarding appointments.
Book an appointment
Choose a Visa Application Centre and make an appointment
How to book an appointment
- Now that you have collected all the required documents (forms, passport, photographs, medical insurance covering your trip, various proofs, visa fees, etc.) and your visa application is ready, you are requested to make an appointment prior to visiting the Application Centre. All documents requested must be submitted at the time of submission. Incomplete applications may be refused;
- Next available appointment: 26 January 2020
- An appointment is mandatory and must be made for each visa applicant; including children under 12 even if they do not have to submit their application in person.
- Each visa applicant must come in person to submit his/her application except children under 12.
- Children under 12 are not allowed to enter the Visa Application Centre.
- For Family appointment requests, please send details of all members in one e-mail.
- Group Appointments: group requests for more than 10 applicants must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. This address is reserved for travel agencies.
- You can book an appointment up to 3 months before the date of the planned trip;
To book an appointment, you are requested to send us an email to email@example.com with the following details in English:
- Full Name
- France-Visas Reference Number
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Passport Expiry Date (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Date of Departure (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Contact Number (Mobile Number)
An appointment confirmation will be sent to the email address provided by the applicant.
IMPORTANT: An appointment will be booked for the applicant ONLY if ALL the above information is provided. In case of any missing detail, no appointment will be booked without intimation.no
Note: Appointments cannot be cancelled or rescheduled; the applicant will have to schedule a new appointment in case of no-show.
- Every applicant applying for a Schengen visa to travel to France has to appear in person to hand in the application at the Schengen Visa Application Centre.
- You must print the appointment confirmation letter in order to present it at the entrance of the Visa Centre.
- Visa Applications (Short Stay and Long Stay) for Spouse of a French National will be received directly at the French Consulate. To schedule an appointment, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants with Diplomatic and Service Passports should apply at the French Consulate. To get more information, please write to: email@example.com.
- All Medical applications (treatments and check-up) should be submitted at the French Consulate. To schedule an appointment, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any study application (Short Stay and Long Stay), please contact Campus France in Iran www.iran.campusfrance.org.
- For any Scientific application (Short Stay and Long Stay), please contact Campus France in Iran www.iran.campusfrance.org.
- For family members (Spouse and Children) of Scientifics and Students (Short Stay and Long Stay), please contact Campus France in Iran www.iran.campusfrance.org.
Pay your fees
Find out the amount you need to pay
If payment online of the service fees is not available, you will have to pay the service fees, in addition of the visa fees, at the Visa Application Centre, at the time of your appointment.
Visit a Visa Application Centre
Attend your scheduled appointment
Track your application
Stay informed about the progress of your application
You will receive an email update and an SMS when your passport has been returned to the Visa Application Centre.
You can also track your visa application status online from the France-Visas website (under “4. Track your application”):
Use the Reference Number present on the invoice/receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre along with your last name to access this service.
Collect your passport
Receive your passport from the Visa Application Centre
After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your documents from the Visa Application Centre or optionally, have your documents returned to you by courier for an additional fee.
For some Visa Application Centres, your documents will only be returned via courier. Please check with the Visa Application Centre at time of your appointment for the options available to collect your documents.
Ready to apply?
Start your application
Start your visa process and then come back to VFS Global with your reference number to take advantage of the Premium Services on offer.
Already applied for a visa?
Here is what else you can do