- Aim to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You must attend the appointment for your visa application. You cannot send someone in your place.
- Only applicants, caregivers and those accompanying children under 18 years are permitted to enter the Visa Application Centre.
- Bring a printed copy of your visa application, as well as a valid passport or travel document with at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides.
- Bring all supporting documentation (originals and copies)
- If you haven’t paid your visa fee online, you can pay your fees once you get to the centre.
- At the centre, you will also need to submit your fingerprints and photograph. This is known as biometric information collection. A digital finger scanner collects images of all 10 digits, and you will have a digital photo taken. The digital fingerprint scanner uses no inks, liquids or chemicals and will not mark your skin.
- Your digital photograph must be taken with full face and without sunglasses or tinted spectacles, or head covering unless it is worn for religious or medical reasons. Your face should be clearly visible with no hair across the eyes.
- Ensure your fingertips are free from any forms of decoration such as mehndi, cuts, abrasions or other markings as these may affect your ability to provide acceptable finger scans.
- If you are applying for a visa on behalf of a child under 5 years old, they must also attend an appointment, but don’t have to provide their fingerprint information.
- Children under 18 years old need to be accompanied by an adult and this cannot be a member of VFS Global staff.
- If you miss your appointment on the scheduled day, you will need to book a new appointment after 24 hours from your original appointment date.
What happens at the Visa Application Centre
On the day of your appointment:
Without biometrics information, your visa application will not be processed.
- Your fingerprint scan and facial scan will be captured.
- A digital fingerprint scanner will collect images of all 10 fingers, and at the same time a digital photo will be captured. This is a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process.
- Your digital photograph must show your full face. You cannot wear sunglasses, tinted spectacles, or a head covering unless it is worn for religious or ethical reasons.
- If you have temporary injuries on your fingers, you’re advised to wait until your injuries have healed.
- Ensure your fingertips are free from any forms of temporary body decoration like mehndi as it interferes with the working of the scanner.
- If you have applied for a Schengen Visa in the last 5 years, you will not need to submit biometric data as you will have already done so.
- Applicants who are under 12 do not need to submit full biometric data, but will need to have a facial scan.
- Citizens who hold diplomatic passports and heads of state do not require a visa and will not need to submit biometric data.
- For an applicant between the ages of 12 and 17, a parent or legal guardian will be asked to give consent and be present when fingerprints are collected.
Exemptions to Biometrics
You will be exempted from the obligation of biometric data (fingerprints) if:
- You are under 5 year of age.
- The collection of fingerprints is physically impossible for you. If you are unable to provide a fingerprint scan, you’ll have to provide a medical certificate to support their claim.
- You are Head of State and member of the national Governments (with your official delegations and spouses) and are travelling for official purposes.
- You are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen.
- Are hold an Australian Declaratory Visa or Australian Citizenship or APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders.
- Children less than 12 years of age
- Applicants that prove that they received a Schengen visa in the last 5 years(-)1month, then they can leave the center without undergoing biometrics.
Our staff have the right to work without fear of abuse or intimidation. Threatening or abusive words or behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances.