Apply for a visa
Information about starting your application
Need more information?
Ready to apply?
Let us walk you through the process
Choose the right visa for your trip
Before booking an appointment, you are kindly invited to:
- Visit the official website FRANCE-VISAS
- First click on “1. Do you need a visa?” and, if you need it, get an indicative list of supporting documents and the amount of the visa fees to be paid
- Additional information are available under the tabs “General information” (which includes “Guidelines”), “Coming to France for…”, “Your arrival in France”, “FAQ” (on top of the Home page), or using the quick links at the bottom of the Homepage
Get started with your visa application
- On the FRANCE-VISAS website, click on “2. Start your visa application”: create an account and answer the questions on-line (your visa application form will be automatically filled in and available for printing);
- At the end of the visa application form filling process, a list of supporting documents and the amount of visa fees will be displayed;
- Then you are invited to click on the France-Visas page to get the necessary information regarding appointments
Book an appointment
Choose a Visa Application Centre and make an appointment
Once you have applied for your visa, you need to book an appointment to have your fingerprints and photo taken at a Visa Application Centre. This is known as ‘biometric information’.
Once you’ve booked your appointment, you’ll receive an appointment confirmation email along with the letter of appointment.
If you are part of a family or group, you’ll have to book individual appointments for each member of the family or group.
Pay your fees
Find out the amount you need to pay
If payment online of the service fees is not available, you will have to pay the service fees, in addition of the visa fees, at the Visa Application Centre, at the time of your appointment.
Visit a Visa Application Centre
Attend your scheduled appointment
After booking an appointment (or being confirmed that appointment booking is not available), go to the France-Visas “Finalization” step to download and print the application form and the receipt (which includes the list of supporting documents).
You’ll have to submit your complete visa application form at a Visa Application Centre in person, unless instructed otherwise.
Track your application
Stay informed about the progress of your application
You will receive an email update and an SMS when your passport has been returned to the Visa Application Centre.
You can also track your visa application status online from the France-Visas website (under “4. Track your application”):
Use the Reference Number present on the invoice/receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre along with your last name to access this service.
Collect your passport
Receive your passport from the Visa Application Centre
After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your documents from the Visa Application Centre or have your documents returned to you by courier for an additional fee.
For some Visa Application Centres, your documents will only be returned via courier. Please check with the Visa Application Centre at time of your appointment for the options available to collect your documents.
Ready to apply?
Start your application
Start your visa process and then come back to VFS Global with your reference number to take advantage of the Premium Services on offer.
Already applied for a visa?
Here's what else you can do