Apply for a visa
Information about starting your application
Need more information?
Ready to apply?
Let us walk you through the process
Identify visa type
Choose the right visa for your trip
Before booking an appointment, you are kindly invited to:
Visit the official website FRANCE-VISAS.
First click on “1. Do you need a visa?” and, if you need it, get an indicative list of supporting documents and the amount of the visa fees to be paid. Additional information are available under the tabs “General information” (which includes “Guidelines”), “Coming to France for…”, “Your arrival in France”, “FAQ” (on top of the Home page), or using the quick links at the bottom of the Homepage.
Begin your application
Get started with your visa application
On the FRANCE-VISAS website, click on “2. Start your visa application”: create an account and answer the questions on-line (your visa application form will be automatically filled in and available for printing);
At the end of the visa application form filling process, a list of supporting documents and the amount of visa fees will be displayed;
Then you are invited to click on the France-Visas page to get the necessary information regarding appointments.
Book an appointment
Choose a Visa Application Centre and make an appointment
• Appointments are made available for booking up to 90 days from current date. If message “No Slots Available” is displayed, you should try again in a few days’ time.
• You can only book one appointment per person (no duplicate appointment allowed by the system).
• You have to choose between Lagos and Abuja (booking appointment in both cities is not possible).
• You have to show up on time for your appointment. Entry into VFS Global application Center is allowed 15 minutes ahead of time and 15 minutes after. Beyond this time, your appointment will be cancelled.
• No-show at booked appointment will prevent you from booking another appointment for 15 days.
• Booked appointments can be re-scheduled online only once until 48 hours before initial scheduled appointment. Should you really need to re-schedule for tangible reason within 48 hours before scheduled appointment, please send an email with detailed justification to email@example.com for Lagos and to firstname.lastname@example.org for Abuja.
• In case of no-show service fee cannot be refunded.
It is highly recommended to determine which visa type you need before you proceed to book appointment.
For Booking an appointment for France-Nigeria Visa Application Centre click here
Pay your fees
Find out the amount you need to pay1. SERVICE FEES
- The cost of the VFS service fees is 28 euros per visa applicant.
- This amount is payable in local currency at the conversion rate set by the french authorities and which therefore varies to take account of exchange rate fluctuations.
- In local currency, this amount is approximately 9300 NGN
- The service fees must be paid at the VFS center when submitting the visa application.
- The VFS center offers optional services https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/fr/fra/buy-services
- Optional services can be paid at the VFS center.
2. VISA FEES
- Visa fees are mentioned on the website FRANCE-VISAS (https://france-visas.gouv.fr/) as well as on the list of required documents provided with the visa application form.
- Visa fees must be paid in local currency at the VFS center.
- Methods of payment: card or cash.
Visit a Visa Application Centre
Attend your scheduled appointment
Track your application
Stay informed about the progress of your application
You will receive an email update and an SMS when your passport has been returned to the Visa Application Centre.
You can also track your visa application status online from the France-Visas website (under “4. Track your application”):
Use the Reference Number present on the invoice/receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre along with your last name to access this service.
Collect your passport
Receive your passport from the Visa Application Centre
After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your documents from the Visa Application Centre or optionally, have your documents returned to you by courier for an additional fee.
For some Visa Application Centres, your documents will only be returned via courier. Please check with the Visa Application Centre at time of your appointment for the options available to collect your documents.
Avail our Value Added Services
Ready to apply?
Start your application
Start your visa process and then come back to VFS Global with your reference number to take advantage of the Premium Services on offer.
Already applied for a visa?
Here is what else you can do