Select the visa type that is right for you to see important information on visa fees, documents required, forms, photo specifications and processing times.
Applying six months in advance of a trip is now possible
The updated Schengen code makes it possible for travelers to apply six months before their trip.
Short-term visa (type C) – is issued for transit through or an intended stay in the territory of the Schengen States of a duration of no more than 90 days in any six-month period from the date of first entry in the territory of the Schengen States
If the travel destination includes more than one Schengen member state, the application must be submitted at the representation of the main destination. The main destination is the country where you intend to spend the longest time or where the main purpose of the intended journey is carried out.
If you wish to visit several Schengen member states and you are not sure of the state of main destination or plan to spend the equal number of days in each state, the visa must be applied for at the representation of the state through which you intend to enter the Schengen area.
Estonia Visa Application Centre in UAE accepts applications for short stay visas only. A passport should be valid for at least three (3) months beyond the intended stay in Estonia and there should be at least two (2) empty pages available in the passport.
Click on the other tabs on this page to view more information about the visa application process.
CATEGORY FEES IN AED INCLUDING VAT Schengen visa AED 320 Visa fee for children 6-12 years AED 160 Visa fee for the citizens of following countries: Armenia, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cape Verde, Georgia, Ukrainian, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Republic of Moldova, Montenegro and Serbia Nationals for short stay *Regarding countries with visa facilitation agreement, please check current visa fee from your local visa application center or Mission. AED 140
Apart from the Visa Fee, a VFS Service Charge of AED 65.54 inclusive of VAT per application will be levied for applicants applying at the visa application centre:
FEE TYPE FEES IN AED INCLUDING VAT VFS Service fee 65.54
- The applicable visa fee in AED is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice due to sudden foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Fees payment can only be made in Cash (AED) or by Credit Card.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Kindly refer to the list of requisite documents below before submitting your application; this will minimize chances of rejection of your Visa Application due to incorrect or inadequate documents
Complete the online Schengen visa application form, print it out and take it to your appointment.
The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values.
Depending on the purpose of your trip, you must submit supporting documents. Click on the links below based on your purpose of travel to download the Document Checklist:
- I am travelling for TOURISM
- I am travelling for BUSINESS or CONFERENCE
- I am visiting FAMILY / FRIENDS
- I am travelling under the Directive 2004/38/EC (Family member of an EU, EEA and Swiss citizen, who exercises the Right of Free Movement)
Passport Make sure your travel document fulfills these criteria:
- Issued within the last 10 years
- Contains at least two (2) blank pages for visas
- Is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa
Travel Insurance Travel insurance is mandatory for all Schengen countries with a coverage of at least 30,000 EUR for the entire duration of stay in the Schengen area.
Two recent biometric passport sized photographs (3.5x4.5 cm) as per specifications.
Click here to view photo specifications.
- NEW! Should NOT be older than 6 months
- A frontal view of the face covering 67.20 -80% (32-26mm) of the photo
- A uniform and white-colored background
- Clear facial features and eyes – not covered by hair or glasses frame
- Head coverings are only accepted for religious reasons
- Do not glue or staple the pictures to the application form
The processing of the application takes at least two weeks, but can take longer if the application is not complete. Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Embassy may request further documentation and information in support of the same.
Please note as per the instructions received from Embassy minimum processing time is 15 Calendar days (it may be further delayed depending on the case). All applications must be submitted at least 15-20 days prior to the proposed date of travel to accommodate any unforeseen processing delays.
Processing time will start excluding the date of submission of application at VFS.
Visiting Family / Friends Checklist
Applicants under the directive 2004/38/EC (Family member of an EU, EEA and Swiss citizen, who exercises the Right of Free Movement) Checklist
Filling the application
- Open the link above or navigate to eelviisataotlus.vm.ee and select the language you wish to use for filling the application.
- Enter your e-mail address as well as the anti-spam symbols required to proceed.
- Fill in the application according to the instructions. Make sure to read all the instructions carefully and provide as much information as possible. Avoid typing errors and if in doubt, click on the ? symbol next to the appropriate field for additional information.
- After completing the visa application, you will be provided with the number of your visa application and the filled form will be sent to your e-mail address as a .pdf file. You will also be given the choice to print the form out immediately.
- After printing the form, either from the webpage or from you e-mail, you must sign it, before submitting it at the Visa Application Centre together with other required documents and the visa fee.