- Aim to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You must attend the appointment for your visa application. You cannot send someone in your place.
- Only applicants, caregivers and those accompanying children under 18 years are permitted to enter the Visa Application Centre.
- Bring a printed copy of your visa application, as well as a valid passport or travel document with at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides.
- If you have applied for a visa online, after you receive the Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) bring a printed copy of your Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL), consent form, as well as valid passport or travel document with at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides.
- Bring all supporting documentation (originals and copies)
- Children under 18 years old need to be accompanied by an adult and this cannot be a member of VFS Global staff.
What happens at the Visa Application Centre
On the day of your appointment:
With effect from 02 November 2019, prior appointment is mandatory for enrolling biometric at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Russia. Depending on your nationality, you'll have to submit your biometrics detail:
- With effect from July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
- With effect from December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
As a part of the biometric enrollment process:
- Your fingerprint scan and facial scan will be captured.
- A digital fingerprint scanner will collect images of all 10 fingers, and at the same time a digital photo will be captured. This is a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process.
- Your digital photograph must show your full face. You cannot wear sunglasses, tinted spectacles, or a head covering unless it is worn for religious or ethical reasons.
- If you have temporary injuries on your fingers, you’re advised to wait until your injuries have healed.
- Ensure your fingertips are free from any forms of temporary body decoration like mehndi as it interferes with the working of the scanner.
- If you are applying for temporary resident visa, study and work permit, you will have to provide your biometric information once in every 10 years.
- However, if you are applying for permanent residence, you will have to submit your biometric information with each application.
- If you have applied for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit in the past and are unsure if you have already submitted your biometric information, please refer the IRCC website, and find out if your biometrics are still valid.
In the interest of safety and security, we reserve the right to conduct random bag searches of applicants and visitors.
Our staff have the right to work without fear of abuse or intimidation. Threatening or abusive words or behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances.